BATEMANS BAY WRITERS FESTIVAL 9 to 11 September 2016
A festival for book lovers, budding writers, authors and readers
We are thrilled to announce an exciting line up for the 2016 Festival. If you haven’t been to a festival before, then give it a go! You will be sure to enjoy the weekend, and if you can’t make it to the whole weekend, then there will certainly be some individual sessions which will appeal.
The Festival opens on Friday 9 September with the Honourable Tim Fisher AC talking: Tango in Travel and Travel Writing ― Bhutan to Batemans Bay!
His talk is followed by a fun debate: Pictures Speak Louder Than Words moderated by Paul Brunton
Buy a Platinum Pass ticket and this session is free.
There are sixteen sessions for book lovers over the weekend as well as five workshops. Here are some of the highlights.
- For foodies, meet James Viles chef and owner of the two-hatted restaurant Biota Dining, and photographer Simon Griffiths who has worked with celebrated chefs including Maggie Beer and Kylie Kwong. They are joined by Annabel Morley, daughter of the renowned actor Robert Morley CBE. Annabel’s memoir is The Icing on the Cake.
- Lovers of art cannot miss hearing Darleen Bungey in conversation with Paul Brunton about her biographies of John Olsen and Arthur Boyd.
- Dr Leah Kaminsky has written the fascinating We’re All Going to Die, a book that asks why some of us fear dying and others embrace it.
- Award winning journalists George Megalogenis, Malcolm Knox and Mark Dapin discuss the horror and humour of the 2016 election.
- For lovers of fiction there’s Malcolm Knox author of The Wonder Lover chatting with Ian Campbell.
- Award winning poets, Sarah Rice, Geoff Page and Paul Hetherington discuss rhythm and rhyme and read from their poems.
- Deb Hunt talks about her books and the Royal Flying Doctor Service.
The festival closes with a Literary Lunch featuring Tim Fischer talking about Turning Points in our Great Country. We are in for a treat! And it all happens at the CoachHouse Marina Resort, Beach Road, Batemans Bay.
Bookings are open for all sessions including the Opening Night event, Platinum Pass tickets, individual sessions and the Literary Lunch.
For more information and to purchase your tickets: www.batemansbaywritersfestival.com or phone 0417 267 771
Marion Roubos-Bennett, Festival Director